The responsibility of the Medical Office Receptionist (MOR) is to optimize patient satisfaction by greeting patients and visitors in a warm and friendly tone to allow families to feel welcomed at the clinic during their visit. The position holds a significant role in representing the office and will assist in the successful development through effective communication with patients and other external personnel interacting with the clinic. The MOR will work closely with the Medical Providers, Office Manager, and Practice Manager to ensure the quality of services provided by the office.
- Open and close the office in the morning and at night
- Responsible for greeting patients and visitors to the clinic in a warm and friendly tone
- Register and interview patients to obtain accurate demographic and financial information
- Computer entry of new or updated patient demographic information
- Answer phones, take messages and forward calls to appropriate personnel
- Manage outgoing messages
- Prepare and upload medical records for clinic visits by compiling information from various sources
- Collect co-pay amounts and balances due for services rendered
- Provide basic financial guidance to patients
- Refer complex or non-compliant patient financial issues to Practice Manager or Medical Director
REQUIREMENTS (minimum qualifications)
Education: High School Graduate
Certification/Licenses: Medical Terminology Certification, preferred
- Customer service centered with ability to community with a wide variety of audiences
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to problem solve; Ability to appropriately confront issues
- Experience with providers on an administrative level and ability to work collaboratively with medical staff members.
- Computer knowledge, experience with Windows environment specifically Microsoft Office Word and Excel, keyboarding skills and the ability to operate general office equipment skills required. Ability to read and write in English, bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Experience: Two years of general or medical office experience preferred or completion of a medical office program within the last two years. Health insurance experience a plus.
Responsible to: Office Manager
Physical Requirements: Subject to stressful professional relationships. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 08:00 – 18:00
Lunch hour: 12:30 – 1:30 (clinic closed)